Only just put the final rivets in for the tub, had a real issue getting tub, bonnet and nose to line up without massive gaps. All kinds of issues that I think come down to the quality of the mouldings. Anyway, after several hours of test fitting I have a fit that is not perfect but as good as I can get. The nose is now only a few millimeters off centre from the chassis, earlier test fits were a few centimeters. One big issue has been the top edge of the tub on the drivers side where the bonnet sits. The right angle edge isn't at a right angle so forces a huge gap between bonnet and tub. Currently I have halved the edge of the bonnet which reduced the gap and used foam tape to fill the rest, not brilliant but the best I could do.
Decided to get the fit of the dash right with a bit of hardboard before I starting cutting the final dash which will be Carbon Fibre. So far I have cut around the steering cowl and fitted two dials and the switches. I have also put the final steering wheel on for now, the padded one will go back on for IVA. I have used the kit supplied crash pad to work out fittings but this is in two pieces, I have a new single piece pad on order from Westfield.
This weekend I wrapped the exhaust, mainly done so I could cover the clip from the downpipe, fitted part of the roll bar with boot box and tried to finish the electrics under the bonnet. Did a run through of the electrics and it looks good. Still have to get the rear fog working but the Mazda used a momentary switch with a special relay which I am going to change for a latched switch. Next job is to trim back the supports on the clockspring and do a final fit of the steering wheel and get the horn button working.
Getting the carbon fibre dash sorted, looks really good but will need some support, cutting the big hole for the steering column has really weakened it. Also started fitting the carpet to the cockpit. At the rear I have cut the holes for the harness mounts and cut the bootbox for the rollbar. Did some work on reducing the loose wiring at the rear. Fitted the front indicator pods but they are not mounting flat. Looks like a defect in the mould as they are level to the nosecone, hoping some work with the grinder will get them level. Photos to follow for the indicators.